What is Research?
How do I get Involved?
Nuts and Bolts
Write a Thesis
Present at Forums
Publish in Journals
About the Office
The Undergraduate Research Office knows that a good research project needs a good research mentor.
In 2007, we created the Distinguished Undergraduate Research Mentor (DURM) awards to recognize the leadership and support Ohio State faculty members provide to undergraduate students. In 2011, we added the Outstanding Research Mentor (ORM) award to recognize the clinical & research faculty, lecturers, post-doctoral researchers, and graduate students who also contribute extraordinary guidance to the undergraduate students who work with them.
To win these awards, mentors must be nominated by undergraduates participating in the Denman Undergraduate Research Forum, and must demonstrate excellence in teaching and mentorship. A student committee reviews the nominations and selects DURM/ORM winners each year.
Congratulations to our 2013 Winners!
- Mathew Coleman — Geography
- Christopher Callam — Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Carolyn Gunther — Human Nutrition
- Anil Pradhan — Astronomy
- Michael Tweedle — Radiology
- Kelsie Bernot — Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics
- Michael Mandel — Computer Science and Engineering
- Helen Chamberlin — Molecular Genetics
- W. Berry Lyons — Earth Sciences
- Kendra McSweeney — Geography
- Heather Powell — Materials Science
- Daniel Strunk — Psychology
- Carmen Swain — Exercise Science
- Sultana Nahar — Astronomy
- Bryan Mark — Geography
- Manuel Martínez — English
- Donna McCarthy — Nursing
- Qinghua Sun — Public Health
- Jessica Winter — Biomolecular & Chemical Engineering
- Lisa Cravens-Brown — Psychology
- Véronique Lacombe — Pharmacy Practice & Administration
- Franco Barchiesi — African-American and African Studies
- Yu-Ping Chin — Earth Sciences
- Harvey Graff — English
- Becky Mansfield — Geography
- Mei Zhuang — Aerospace Engineering
- Janet Box-Steffensmeier — Political Science
- David Denlinger — Entomology
- James Gregory — Aerospace Engineering
- Charles Massey — Art
- Narasimham Parinandi — Medicine
- Michael Boehm — Plant Pathology
- Cynthia Clopper — Linguistics
- Richard Hughes — Physics
- Sarah Schoppe-Sullivan — Human Development and Family Science
- Richard Swenson — Biochemistry
- Robert Baiocchi — Internal Medicine
- Donald Dean — Biochemistry
- John Grinstead — Spanish & Portuguese
- Irfan Nooruddin — Political Science
- Brian Winer — Physics
Return to top
Copyright, 2010. The Ohio State University.
This page is maintained by: The Undergraduate Research Office.
If you have trouble accessing this page and need to request an alternate format, contact The Undergraduate Research Office at 614-292-8307.