Have you given a professional presentation, published an article or received an award for your research project? Tell us about it!
Winners in the Social & Behavioral Sciences category at the 2013 Denman Undergraduate Research Forum
OSU Undergraduate Researchers in the News
- Research conducted by Mimi Lamantia (Dance, '16) using Argentino tango as therapy for patients with neuropathy was featured by the Columbus Dispath. Read more here.
- Research conducted by OSU alumna Monica Saccucci and EEOB graduate student Rob Denton was featured by the Washington Post. Read more here.
- See more in the archives...
- Clancy A. Short*, Megan E. Meuti, Qirui Zhang, David L. Denlinger. Entrainment of eclosion and preliminary ontogeny of circadian clock gene expression in the flesh fly, Sarcophaga crassipalpis. Journal of Insect Physiology 93-94 (2016) 28-35. *supported by an Undergraduate Research Office Summer Research Fellowship
- Smith, S., Hughes, L., Kline, C.F., Kempton, A., Dorn, L., Curran, J., Makara, M., Webb, T., Wright, P., Voight, N., Binkley, P.F., Hanssen, P., Kilic, A., Carnes, C., Dobrev, D., Rasband, M. Hund, T., and P.J. Mohler. "Dysfunction of the ßII spectrin-based pathway in human heart failure". American Journal of Physiology, 22 April 2016.
- Abigail Norris Turner, Courtney Maierhofer, Nicholas T. Funderburg, Brandon Snyder*, Kristi Small, Jan Clark, Jose A. Bazan, Nicole C. Kwiek, and Jesse J. Kwiek. "High levels of self-reported prescription use by HIV-positive individuals". AIDS Care, 20 June 2016. *supported by a SOLAR Foundation Award
- See more in the publication archives...
Students who engage in research may present their work at public and professional forums. In addition to the Denman Undergraduate Research Forum, the Undergraduate Research Week Student Poster Forum, and other on-campus forums, students often present at regional and national gatherings.
- Chris Newman presented a talk titled "Conjure, Hoodoo, and the Cross: African Spirituality and the Slave Experience in Pre-Antebellum America" at the SROP Symposium's 3 Minute Thesis program, and also presented a poster titled "Conjure, Hoodoo, and the Cross: African Spirituality and the Slave Experience in Pre-Antebellum America" at the SROP Symposium's Poster Session in August 2016.
Distinguished and Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor Awards
We are proud to recognize our 2016 Distinguished and Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentors!
- Robert Agunga — College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
- Amy Ferketich — College of Public Health
- Sarmila Majumder — College of Medicine
- Wendy Panero — School of Earth Sciences
- Vishnu Sundaresan — College of Engineering
- Keith Apfelbuam — Psychology
- Matthew Holding — Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology
Visit the DURM/ORM page to see the list of past winners and to learn more about these awards and the nomination process.
URO Awards & Fellowships
URO Summer Fellows
Each summer the URO supports students in disciplines across the university in full-time research. For information about the 2016 awardees (as well as awardees in partner programs) go to our 2016 Summer Fellowships page.
SOLAR Foundation Research Grants
This endowment fund is used in support of undergraduate student research in the fields of epidemiology, virology, HIV and AIDS education, other infections of the blood, and related subjects, and is administered by the Undergraduate Research Office. Learn more about the SOLAR Awards.
Visit the Undergraduate Fellowship Office to see recent winners, most of whom were undergraduate researchers, of national scholarships and fellowships.
More in the award archive