Career Connection at Ohio State can help undergraduate researchers explore graduate and professional schools and creating resumes and personal statements.
CUR Registry of Undergraduate Researchers
The Council on Undergraduate Research hosts a Registry of Undergraduate Researchers. The purpose of this registry is to facilitate matchmaking between undergraduates who have research experience and a desire to pursue an advanced degree, with graduate schools seeking high quality students who are well prepared for research.
Ethics CORE is a digital library funded by The National Science Foundation on ethical research practices and how students can respond to ethical problems that arise in research and professional life. Learn about research ethics and practice modules and tutorials.
The Libraries has products, services and people to help you throughout the research process.
- Subject Librarians are experts in their subjects and work with faculty in those disciplines. They can help you find a faculty mentor, get started on a lit review, and answer most questions at all stages of the process.
- Copyright Resources Center provides education and guidance on copyright law. Questions about using and attributing public and copyrighted resources in research writing and publication can be directed here.
- Unsure about a step in the research process or how to use a resource? Check out the tutorials at netTUTOR. There are even games, like Zombie Cure, that teaches database searching in a fun way.
- Earn credit while learning about research in one of the Libraries for-credit courses, most of which are entirely online to fit into busy schedules.
- Enter your course-based research project into the Libraries Research Prize. This annual award is open to students enrolled in any upper division undergraduate course with a research project. Check out the requirements BEFORE you complete the project because one of them is to consult with a librarian as part of your research.
Office of International Affairs
The office provides support for international travel and research
activities as well as study abroad ventures for students.
Office of Responsible Research Practices
offers office hours (see link for schedule and location) to
help undergraduate student researchers preparing Behavioral and Social
Sciences Institutional Review Board submissions and exemption requests
for research involving human subjects. These sessions are intended to help students and their advisors
navigate IRB forms, policies, and review procedures. Please contact Cheri Pettey at 292-2454 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
OSU Knowledge Bank
This is a repository of digital resources submitted by Ohio State
faculty and students, including reports, presentations, data, theses
and other research projects not normally included in the library
Research Commons- University Libraries
Explore the services and resources that support Ohio state researchers, connect with experts that can assist you with your specific needs and attend events that can help assist you in navigated the research lifecycle.
STEP: Second-Year Transformational Experience Program
Designed to enhance student success, STEP offers students the opportunity to form strong faculty connections, receive guided exploration of educational opportunities, and experience concentrated personal and professional development programs.
The OSU Statistical Consulting Service
A special course for undergraduates needing statistical advice for their research.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers free help with writing at any stage of the
writing process, from research proposals and grant applications to
reports and abstracts.
Undergraduate Research at other OSU Campuses
If you are a student attending at a campus other than Columbus there are great resources for you right on campus!
Return to top
Copyright, 2010. The Ohio State University.
This page is maintained by: The Undergraduate Research Office.
If you have trouble accessing this page and need to request an alternate format, contact The Undergraduate Research Office at 614-292-8307.